OUR UNIFORM SUPPLIER
All our uniform items can be purchased from:
63 Teignmouth Road
Tel: 01275 870370 or 870220
Monsoon also operate an online shop: www.clevedonschooluniform.com
Black House Jacket with Clevedon School Logo: Jackets must be worn in and around school.
School Tie in Student’s Own House Colour: This must be worn properly and traditionally at all times to the waist.
Full Length, Plain Black Tailored School Trousers or Plain Black Tailored Knee Length Skirt: Students wearing skirts must wear black tights (40+ denier). Trousers must cover the ankle. Styles such as carrot, tapered, seven/eighths are not permitted. Styles that are not permitted are jeans, chinos, cords, stretchy fabric, flares, ‘Miss Sexty’ style or zip pockets. This list is not exhaustive.
White, Button-up, Full Collared Shirt: Short or long sleeves and it should have buttons to the neck for tie wearing. Blouses and shirts must be tucked in. The top button must be done up on blouses/shirts, and the tie done up to cover the fastened top button.
Plain Black Footwear: Black polishable leather or leather-look shoe with a distinct low heel (please see pictures provided). No sports branded company (such as Vans, Converse, Adidas, Nike, Lonsdale, Lacrosse, Reebok, Puma, Slazenger) – this list is not exhaustive. We expect all students to wear a traditional shoe. Shoes are to be just black in colour. No canvas, boots or dolly type shoes are permitted.
Plain Black Socks: (no trainer socks), ensuring no gap between the shoe and trouser.
Plain Black Belt: Black leather or leather-look belt with a buckle that has no logo on, and no studs.
Optional V-Necked Clevedon School Jumper: This may be worn under the jacket. The jumper should always be worn under the jacket, not instead of it.
On all of these aspects, the School’s decision is final. As fashions change we withhold the right to update our uniform policies as and when required.
SPORTSWEAR: BOYS AND GIRLS
- Black and Gold unisex polo shirt.
- Black and Gold outdoor zip top for girls.
- Black and Gold reversible rugby shirt for boys.
- Plain black sports shorts for boys.
- Plain black 'skort' for girls (skirt with built in shorts underneath).
- Black and Gold hooped "Clevedon School" sports socks.
- White Socks
Other Sports Items:
- Plain black rugby shorts for boys (optional).
- Black rugby/football/hockey boots and shin pads; compulsory for boys' and girls' football/hockey.
- Clean training shoes for use in PE lessons only.
- Gum shields are advisable for all contact sports.
- Dance – students may wear their PE kit or BLACK dance wear, i.e. jogging bottoms/leggings, T-shirt etc. Jazz shoes are optional as students may go barefoot. Trainers are not permitted in the Dance Studio.
- Optional Black and Gold rain coat.
- Optional plain black sports bottoms.
- Optional for KS4 - black sports leggings in PE lessons only (not extracurricular clubs or sporting fixtures). To ensure the correct type of leggings we will only accept legging with the Clevedon logo which can be purchased from our school supplier Monsoon Ruggur.
HAIRSTYLES, ACCESSORIES, JEWELLERY AND MAKE-UP
Extreme hairstyles and brightly coloured dyed hair are not allowed. Whilst on school grounds, hats, caps and scarves should not be worn unless for religious/medical reasons.
Students may wear a maximum of two small stud earrings in each ear, a watch, one small ring on each hand and no other jewellery. This includes facial piercings. However, we strongly recommend no jewellery, and as a school we take no responsibility for loss/damage/theft. Discreet make-up is allowed. Clear nail polish only and length of nails should be short. False or acrylic nails are not allowed.
Outdoor coats may be worn when the weather warrants, but should not be worn instead of a blazer, and should not be worn in the school building if not needed. If a coat is worn, it should be plain and smart (offensive logos are not allowed). Denim and leather coats should not be worn. Outdoor coats must not be worn in the school building.
If a student arrives at school with incorrect uniform, we may contact parents to bring in the correct uniform. We also reserve the right to send students home to collect the correct uniform and then return to school. Consequences will be applied to students wearing the uniform incorrectly or failing to wear the correct uniform. There may be an occasion where we can offer a uniform solution from our own limited stock of donated items. Students refusing this option will also receive a consequence.
To help support you as parents/carers we also have some examples of acceptable shoes for boys and girls below. These are taken from a range of providers/cost found on the internet.
Examples of acceptable shoes
Examples of unacceptable shoes
BEST UNIFORM FIRST CONSEQUENCES
Students not making the right choice on uniform will face the following consequences. They are in the same format students were shown in assemblies:
- Failure to wear your uniform correctly (Shirts, Ties, Coats in Corridors etc) - First Break, Lunch or After School (10mins)
- Failure to wear or follow the correct uniform (Socks, piercings, nails, shoes, skirts, trousers etc) – After school (40 minutes) – asked to wear correct uniform or sent home to change.
- Failure to resolve the incorrect uniform and follow staff instruction - Isolation (1 Day inc 40 minutes)
- Repeat or continued failure to wear or follow the correct uniform policy - Isolation/FTE (1 Day)
Students can choose to get it right. This has been evident in Term 6 as we note that white socks have all but gone.