ParentPay is an online website system that enables you to pay for all school items, including meals, activities, trips etc., without the need to send cash or cheque in to the school. In addition the system offers:
- a highly secure payment site
- gives you a history of all the payments you have made
- allows you to create a single account login across all your children that attend a ParentPay school
- shows you all items available for payment relevant to each of your children
- emails a receipt of your payment to the email address you register
- offers you the ability to set automated email/SMS payment reminders.
ParentPay is in use across all primary schools in the town, and many of you will already be familiar with the system. User accounts can be merged so only one login is required to manage children across different schools/years.
Parents without internet access are able to request a barcoded letter for specific items and pay using PayPoint machines located in various shops across the town.
Alongside ParentPay, we also have a cashless catering system (Cunninghams). This allows students to purchase catering items using biometric finger recognition, using the money parents have topped up in their ParentPay dinner money account. By using biometrics, as opposed to pin codes or cards, this alleviates the time spent searching for cards, remembering a pin number and the chance of identity fraud. The system uses an image of the fingerprint to create a mathematical algorithm and then discards the fingerprint, so only the numbers remain. Parents are asked for their consent prior to collection and have the right to object. Alternative methods are available where this is the case.
Information and guidance covering all aspects of Cashless Clevedon can be found below.